West Palm Beach Personal Injury Attorney
Fighting for Injured Victims of Harmful Negligence
When you are injured in an accident, it can be hard to know how to proceed. Accidents can cause serious damage to victims, especially those who have been severely injured or who have lost a loved one. Along with physical pain, accidents can cause emotional trauma, property damage, and issues with medical costs.
When these circumstances have been caused by the negligence or intentional wrongdoing of another party, that party should be held accountable. At the Sconzo Law Office, P.A., our West Palm Beach personal injury attorneys are committed to pursuing justice for the injured.
Representation for Personal Injury Cases in South Florida
Sconzo Law Office, P.A. represents clients throughout South Florida who have suffered from an injury in many types of accidents.
Our personal injury attorneys handle:
- Car accidents – The state of Florida sees over 200,000 car accident per year, with an estimated average of 650 crashes every day. We can help you obtain justice if you were injured by a negligent driver.
- Motorcycle accidents – A car switching lanes at the wrong time can lead to a devastating accident for motorcyclists. Our team can help you get the compensation you need after a motorcycle accident.
- Trucking accidents – Liability in a truck accident can be complex, involving the driver, trucking company, and even maintenance and loading companies. We have the extensive knowledge needed to help you navigate a trucking accident claim.
- Slip and fall accidents – If you were injured on another person’s property, we can help your pursue a slip and fall claim. Our attorneys can work to prove the liability of the property owner or involved parties.
- Defective products liability – Injuries from a defective product can be severe. Our attorneys can help you obtain compensation for an injury from a defectively manufactured product.
- Bicycle accidents – Even the small action of a driver opening their car door can lead to a severe cycling accident. Our legal team can help you obtain compensation for your injuries while you take time to recover.
- Dog attacks – As a “strict liability” state, dog owners are held liable for any and all injuries resulting from their dog biting another person. We can help you pursue justice and compensation for any injuries you have suffered from a dog attack.
- Pedestrian accidents – Pedestrians involved in a car collision are at high risk for serious, life changing injuries. Our attorneys protect the rights of injured pedestrians throughout South Florida.
- Construction site accidents – From repetitive stress injuries to electrocution, working on a construction site comes with its own injury risks. If you were injured on the job, we can assist you with your construction accident claim.
When you retain us for your personal injury claim, your attorney will be with you every step of the way. We are involved and available throughout every phase of the legal process. We work diligently to ensure that everything that can be done will be done to restore your life and future.
Pursuing Compensation for Your Injury
An injury can result in high medical expenses, a loss of working ability, and long-term disability and disfigurement. A successful personal injury lawsuit can allow you to recover compensation for these damages.
The damages you may receive will depend on the extent of your injuries and other losses. Our attorneys can conduct an exhaustive investigation into the situation to determine what type of damages should be pursued.
Damages suffered by injury victims can include:
- Your present and future medical bills
- Lost wages
- Lost future wages due to loss of earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent disability
Punitive damages can also be awarded in some egregious personal injury lawsuits. If awarded, punitive damages are limited to $500,000 or three times the amount of damages, depending on which is greater.
While most awarded damages have no maximum amount, some restrictions exist for motor vehicle accident cases in Florida. Our attorneys will ensure you get the amount of compensation you need to recover after your injury.
Experienced Counsel on Florida Personal Injury Law
Like many states, Florida has its own laws regarding personal injury. The statute of limitations to file a claim in Florida is four years in most cases. However, exceptions exist for injuries not discovered for some time after the original incident. In addition, the statute of limitations can be paused if the defendant leaves Florida or the victim needs time to recover.
In addition, Florida is considered a no-fault state in regards to car accidents. This means each driver’s insurance pays for damages no matter who is actually at fault. In most auto accidents, a person cannot file a lawsuit against the person they believe to be at fault. However, injured victims can file a lawsuit against a person responsible for serious injuries, such as permanent disfigurement, disability, and death.
Retaining a attorney with experience in both federal and state injury law is vital for protecting your rights. We can help you get the full compensation you are legally owed so you can focus on your recovery.