Andrea C. Sconzo was born and raised in Miami, Florida, with her loud and proud Hispanic family. Coming from a working-class background, Andrea prides herself in the quality legal representation that she provides primarily to employees who have experienced discrimination and unfair labor practices in the workplace. She also takes on cases involving employment contract disputes between employees and their employers.
Since her admission to the Florida Bar in September 2013, Andrea has practiced as a civil litigation attorney in Palm Beach County. In addition to her extensive knowledge of federal and state employment laws, she also has experience in officer and director liability law, condominium and homeowner association law, and workers’ compensation law, having handled a large volume of cases from pretrial to resolution, both by settlement and through litigation. With a diverse background in various legal practice areas, Andrea is better suited to fully understand all of the circumstances surrounding workplace inequities.
Andrea is the proud mother of two daughters, Gabriela and Luciana. She spends her free time playing with her girls and nurturing her longstanding hobby of distance running. To date, Andrea has completed five half marathons and countless other races in Florida, Indiana, and Massachusetts. She also has a passion for travel, having explored Europe and Africa numerous times.
Areas of Practice
- Discrimination based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, pregnancy, handicap, and marital status under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act (“Title VII”), Florida Civil Rights Act (“FCRA”), and other applicable federal statutes
- Violations for unpaid wages and unpaid overtime hours under the Fair Labor Standards Act
- Violations of the Americans with Disabilities Act (“ADA”)
- Violations of the Family and Medical Leave Act (“FMLA”)
- Analysis and negotiation of employment contracts, like non-disparagement agreements and non-compete agreements
Bar and Court Admissions
- Florida, 2013
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida, 2016
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida, 2019
- University of Miami School of Law, Juris Doctor, with honors, May 2013
- University of Notre Dame, Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and Economics, with honors, May 2010
- Labor and Employment Law Section of the Florida Bar