Samantha first discovered her passion for employment law as a law student while clerking at an employment law firm in Tampa, FL. She quickly realized that representing those who have experienced discrimination and unfair labor practices in the workplace was meaningful work in the overarching fight for equality.
Simultaneous to her law clerk position, Samantha was a member of the Dispute Resolution Advocacy Board and participated in the 2017 and 2018 Representation in Mediation Competitions hosted by the American Bar Association. She also served as a Guardian Ad Litem and volunteered as a Certified Legal Intern in the field of Immigration Law with Gulfcoast Legal Services.
Samantha was admitted to the Florida Bar in 2018 and promptly went to work in the areas of civil litigation, community association law, and employment law. She has also worked on various pro-bono cases in family law and immigration law.
When not working, Samantha spends her time with her husband, Andrew, doing woodworking crafts, kayaking, biking, gardening, and hanging out with their wonderful pets. Samantha loves to travel, having family and friends across the globe including Europe, Australia, and South Africa that she enjoys visiting as often as possible.
Areas of Practice
- Discrimination based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, pregnancy, handicap, and marital status under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act (“Title VII”), Florida Civil Rights Act (“FCRA”), and other applicable federal statutes
- Violations for unpaid wages and unpaid overtime hours under the Fair Labor Standards Act
- Violations of the Americans with Disabilities Act (“ADA”)
- Violations of the Family and Medical Leave Act (“FMLA”)
Bar and Court Admissions
- Florida Bar, 2018
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida, 2019
- Stetson University College of Law, Juris Doctor, May 2018
- University of Central Florida, Master of Science in Criminal Justice, December 2013
- University of Central Florida, Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, Cum Laude, December 2011
- Florida Bar, Young Lawyers