What Are Whistleblower Protections in Florida?
Florida whistleblowers are protected by both state and federal laws and the agencies that oversee them.
Whistleblower protections include:
- The Whistleblower Protection Act of 1989, which provides protection for federal workers who report waste or corruption.
- The Sarbanes-Oxley Corporate Whistleblower Protection Law, which provides protection for corporate workers who expose various types of fraud.
- The Clean Air Act, which regulates air emissions.
- The Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA), responsible for safety in the workplace.
- Florida’s Whistleblower Act.
Filing a formal complaint with your company or a government agency concerning what you believe to be wrongful actions should never result in the loss of your job or any other type of retaliation. These laws and agencies have been created to protect you, whether your whistleblowing consisted of making a complaint, refusing to participate in illicit actions, contacting a whistleblower hotline, or participating in legal action against your employer.
Protect Your Rights by Hiring a Whistleblower Attorney Today!
Whistleblowing is a brave act that should never be punished. Unfortunately, the reality is often less fair. If you or someone you know has been punished or otherwise mistreated due to whistleblowing, our team is ready to help. We possess the knowledge and the drive to build a strong claim and stand up for your rights on your behalf, even if it means going to court. We are prepared to do everything in our power to protect your rights.
Our West Palm Beach whistleblower protection lawyers are well versed in the laws applicable to your employment law case and will work vigorously to help you seek justice through the courts.