Joseph G. Sconzo retired from the Federal Bureau of Investigation after a decorated 25-year career as a Special Agent in which he was stationed in Quantico, Virginia; Phoenix, Arizona; New York City; and West Palm Beach, Florida. Over the course of his career, he was a member of the SWAT and Special Operations and led teams of agents investigating matters such as the Centennial Bomber, the Unibomber, TWA Flight 800, the initial World Trade Center bombing, the 9/11 World Trade Center bombing, and the Organized Crime Families in NY and NJ. Mr. Sconzo has been recognized by the Port Authority of NY/NJ, State of New Jersey, United States Attorney’s Offices in both New York and South Florida, and the Palm Beach Post for his accomplishments. His investigative expertise led to numerous successful prosecutions and significant monetary settlements in matters related to healthcare fraud, investment fraud, and public corruption.
After retiring from the FBI Mr. Sconzo teamed up with former FBI Special Agent, Stuart N. Kaplan, and together they formed the Law Offices of Kaplan & Sconzo, P.A. The firm concentrated its efforts on federal and state criminal matters, personal injury cases, and employment disputes. It was extremely successful in representing victims of law enforcement misconduct and physical abuse that resulted in serious injury. During that time period, Mr. Sconzo was recognized and engaged as an expert in counter-terrorism and national security, which resulted in the formation of Kaplan & Sconzo Global Risk Management Group, an entity specializing in risk and threat assessment. Mr. Sconzo also possesses a Private Investigator License from the State of Florida.
After eight years as a partner in Kaplan & Sconzo, P.A., Mr. Sconzo opened his own law office in Jupiter, Florida. His firm maintained its focus on the practice areas of Criminal Defense, Personal Injury, and Employment Law while always continuing to abide by the credo that the client always comes first.
In March 2020, Mr. Sconzo joined Gregory Sconzo and Andrea Sconzo at Sconzo Law Office, P.A. in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida. The firm specializes in Employment Law and Disability Rights matters. Mr. Sconzo expands the firm’s practice areas to include Compliance, Criminal Defense, and Personal Injury, in addition to 25 years of investigative experience and an unmatched enthusiasm and knowledge of the law
Mr. Sconzo has been married to his beautiful wife, Theresa, for the past 37 years. They are the proud parents of four fantastic and sons and a beautiful daughter. Mr. Sconzo played baseball at Pace University in New York and competitive ice and roller hockey in both New York and New Jersey. He was involved in youth sports for over 25 years, as a coach for baseball, hockey, and girls’ volleyball, and was an umpire in Staten Island, New York; Manalapan, New Jersey; and Palm Beach Gardens and Jupiter, Florida. He continues to play ice hockey in leagues in Palm Beach County with two of his sons.
- Mr. Sconzo graduated from Nova University Center for the Study of Law in Fort Lauderdale, Fl (1985)
- Mr. Sconzo graduated from Pace University, Pleasantville and NYC, NY (1982)
- Mr. Sconzo graduated from Xaverian High School, Brooklyn, NY (1978)
- Member of the Florida Bar Association since 1985
- Admitted to practice in the Middle District, Northern District, and Southern District of Florida
- Admitted Pro Hac Vice on matters in Eastern and Southern Districts in New York
Professional Associations & Community Involvement
- Member of the Society of Former Special Agents of the Federal Bureau of Investigation,
- Member of the Fraternal Order of Police in Tequesta, Florida.
- Member of LeTip International, Inc.
- Vice-President of the Sons and Daughters of Italy in Tequesta, Florida
- Chairman of the Sons and Daughters of Italy Scholarship Committee
- Vice President of the Board of Directors of the Mystic Cove Homeowners Association